Risk of Domestic Violence Quiz**
Do you feel that you, or someone you love, may be involved in domestic violence? The answers to these questions may surprise you.
- Have there been threats of homicide and/or suicide? (against you? children? relatives?)
- Is there a history of prior threats and/or attempts?
- Have there been fantasies of homicide and/or suicide?
- Has there been increased use of threats and violence in the home?
- Does your partner have a prior history of assault?
- Does your partner have a history of drug and/or alcohol use?
- Is there a history of police intervention for domestic quarrels?
- Is there current possession of a weapon in the home?
- Does your partner have access to firearms?
- Does your partner get violent when using drugs or alcohol?
- Is there an occupational history of using force to solve problems?
- Is there a history of stalking?
- Does your partner tell you what clothes to wear?
- Does your partner tell you what friends you can have?
- Does your partner tell you when you may visit your family?
- Does your partner limit your access to transportation?
- Is there a history of psychiatric problems or rage related to stress?
- Has there been a recent death of a loved one?
- Is the family isolated?
- Do you have children from a previous relationship in the home?
- Is there significant debt?
- Is there pornography in the home?
**This is NOT a clinical test. It is a questionnaire to assess the risk of domestic violence. The greater the number of positive responses indicates a higher risk. If you believe there is a significant risk of violence, develop a safety plan and seek help immediately. If you believe there is immediate danger to yourself or others, call 911 in your local community.